The Student News Site of Averett University

The Chanticleer

The Chanticleer

The Chanticleer

New Therapeutic Center at North Campus Open to All

Averett athletes continuously max their bodies out day in and day out competing for their sport. There is a lot of behind-the-scenes work that goes on by the Averett athletic training staff to ensure these athletes are in tip-top shape to compete. The addition of the new Carrington Therapeutic Center takes a load off both the athletes and the staff while keeping these athletes healthy. 

The new Carrington Therapeutic Center allows athletes to recover without having to schedule appointments through athletic trainers. The addition of the center gives the athlete a lot of flexibility with their recovery. 

“I feel like it helps the athletes because it lets them go in there and just help with their bodies,” Cody Hammock, an assistant athletic trainer at Averett, said. “It gives them a space where they can relax. If you look a lot of these big-time schools, like, I know we’re not in the same level as the LSU, Alabama, Oregon, but it gives them the space to relax”

The new addition to the north campus has given these student-athletes a new place where they can socialize while also bettering their selves and their bodies. 

“It is cool to have a place that I can just walk into and work on my body before and after practices,” Dallas Cash, a sophomore football player, said. “Having a place where me and my friends can go and have access to things that I wouldn’t before has been really useful.”

The addition of the new center allows the athletic training staff to turn their focus toward the more serious injuries these athletes may obtain rather than the everyday soreness these athletes might have. 

This new training room is open to everyone on campus and very easy to access. 

“If you go in there or if you’re ever around North Campus and check out the therapeutic center,” Hammock said. “ The biggest thing is just knowing about it because a lot of student-athletes may not have class over here at North Campus.”

The Carrington Therapeutic has added a brand new dimension to the grant center. So if you ever find yourself sore and have some free time, stop by and give the therapeutic center a chance.