The Student News Site of Averett University

The Chanticleer

The Chanticleer

The Chanticleer

Haunting In The Halls

Halloween is always an exciting time of the year for parties, costumes, candy, and celebration. There are always activities and events on campus for students to participate in. “I’m most excited to celebrate with my friends and dress up for the night,” Emma Johnson, a junior on the cheer team said. When it comes to celebrating on campus there are lots of traditions within sports teams too. “For women’s lacrosse we do a Halloween lift where we dress up and compete for the best costume, we usually get a lot of memes and TikTok references so I’m looking forward to that,” Ren Torre, a senior on the women’s lacrosse team said.

On-Campus Events
This year will mark the 3rd annual Haunted Hall-O-Ween run by Student Housing and Residence life. Resident Assistants dress in costumes and put on a “Haunted Hall” for students and faculty. “I’m looking forward the most to being able to connect more with my residents and residents from other buildings, and show them some traditions that Averett has had since I first enrolled here,” Timothy Goldsmith, a Resident Assistant said.

This year the event will take pace on Thursday, October 26th, with showtimes from 6:00-7:30pm and 9:00-10:30pm.The entrance will be in the lobby of Main Hall. Admission costs one non-perishable food item, which will be donated to God’s Storehouse.

Off-Campus Events
Danville Parks and Recreations is also hosting a community “Monster Mash” at the market. This event will include trunk-or-treating, concessions, and other activities. The event will take place Tuesday, October 31st from 6:00-8:00pm, and admission is free! So show up in your best costume to support the community.

Additional information can be found at PlayDanvilleVA.com

Make sure everyone has a fun and safe Halloween, and happy haunting.