The Student News Site of Averett University

The Chanticleer

The Chanticleer

The Chanticleer

Music of the Mouse: A Musical Cabaret!

The Theatre department is preparing for its first production of the year, Music of the Mouse: A Musical Cabaret! From September 14th-16th at 7 pm & September 17th at 2 pm, come experience an evening filled with music and magic from some of your favorite movies such as, “Tangled,” “Encanto,” and “Hercules!” The shows will be held in the Frith Fine Arts Center’s Pritchett Auditorium and are free for students, faculty and staff.

“I’m excited for all the ensemble numbers because it’s fun doing silly little dances on stage and I know it’s probably fun to watch it too,” Anna Timm, a freshman majoring in design and technical theatre, said. Timm is serving as the stage manager for this production. She is in charge of overseeing the behind-the-scenes of the show and plenty of other things. “As stage manager, I think rehearsals are going swell. Everyone is doing really well,” Timm said.

For some, this will be their first show with Averett, for others, it will be their last. The seniors include Alyssa Nelson, Salla Raatikainen, Lita Van, and Sam Overton.

“I feel really good about the songs chosen. I feel like we have a very nice variety of different things,” Salla Raatikainen, a major in marketing with a minor in English, said. “I’m excited for everything because we have such a talented, diverse group of singers and everyone has different types of songs. There is stuff everyone knows, then there’s some lesser known stuff too, so I feel like there’s a good combination of everything.”

The theater department has been working hard in preparation for the cabaret. You are sure to be dazzled by all the hard work they have been putting into this show. Support our theater department for their first show this year; we hope to see you soon!