Averett University Welcomes New Director of Counseling

Timothy Goldsmith, Staff Writer

Averett University welcomes Dr. Attica Bundy as the new Director of Counseling. She is originally from Eden, North Carolina. Bundy has her Doctorate in Counseling and has over 20 years of experience in counseling.

She has seen how her work has helped students with ways to improve their mental health and is looking forward to helping Averett students that are seeking help with any concerns that they may have.

Bundy mentioned that transitioning from high school to college can be a tedious toll for anyone that may attend college. The level of intensity compared to high school is different compared to college. Especially dealing with the heavy course load of assignments. 

“A lot of students do well in high school because you’re smart and you don’t really have to do that much homework. When you get to college you are still smart and everything but it’s a whole other level of studying, and the time you need to spend on a class,” Bundy said.

College is a place where you are allowed to figure yourself out. These four years are meant for you to meet new people and grow as a person. You don’t have to commit to just one thing. There are other things that are just as important such as sleeping, exercising, staying hydrated, and having a self-care day.

Bundy’s office is located in the Galesi Family Student Success Center. If Averett University students ever have any concerns. Students must schedule an appointment to have a session through email. Bundy is looking forward to helping students at Averett University wherever their needs may lie.