Everything You Need to Know About Averett SGA

Jake Braun, Editor

The Student Government Association at Averett University is the voice of the student body. SGA consists of twelve members from the sophomore, junior, and senior class. Each class has a president, vice president, treasure, and secretary. 

“I believe that SGA does a lot for students. We are the happy medium between students and administrators/facility needs,” Morgan Dearing, senior class president said. We hear and see all of the positives and concerns. We are here to make a difference for the student body.”

This past week SGA helped Averett by hosting all of the homecoming events on campus and plan on continuing these events for the year.

“SGA has hosted bingo nights, ice cream socials, cougar compliments, movie nights, and much more,” Dearing said. “Our upcoming events will consist of the fall fest, destress, petting zoo, and many more so stay tuned!”

Averett SGA members gathered at a meeting

Being a part of SGA gives the students an opportunity to show passion, leadership, and responsibility for a part of Averett. 

“Being in SGA means so much to me. I am so proud that I can give back to a university that has given me so much,” Dearing said. Being in SGA has opened so many different opportunities for myself that has helped me grow tremendously as a person and a leader. I appreciate that I am in a position where I can guide students in any possible way to help them gain the best experience at Averett. 

Students can join SGA by going through each year’s elections. These elections will be held at the end of this semester or the beginning of the spring semester. SGA is currently looking for a freshman cabinet and other positions that may need to be filled within the other cabinets. 

To find out more about Averett SGA, visit the Averett University website where you can find all the information you need to know about SGA and how to join.