AU Students Excited for the Super Bowl

Kris Richmond, Staff Writer

The Super Bowl is one of the most viewed sporting events across the country, so there is no surprise that students at Averett are excited for the special Sunday event. Students at Averett are from all over the country so it will be interesting to see what are some of their favorite things about the Super Bowl. 

“I look forward to spending quality time with friends and watching football,” Tony Blackman, senior majoring in physical education, said. 

Even with the Super Bowl being arguably the most important football game of the year, students also find other things they enjoy about the event. 

“I always look forward to the commercial breaks because that’s when a lot of the brands release their best commercials whether they are funny or heartwarming,” Brock Lucas, senior majoring in biology, said. 

This year’s Super Bowl will be showcasing the Cincinnati Bengals facing off against the Los Angeles Rams. Students, even if their favorite team didn’t make the Super Bowl, have a certain team that they are pulling for. 

“I feel that Cincinnati is going to win because they have a high power offense and a defense who has shown that they can stop the best,” Dylan Rabon, senior majoring in history and politics, said. 

One of the most common things to do during the Super Bowl is attending watch parties with family and friends. Everyone knows that a good party has to involve some good food with it. 

“My go to food at a Super Bowl party has to be the pigs in a blanket,” Lucas said. 

The Super Bowl will be set to kick off on Sunday, February 13th at 6:30 PM. Averett students are looking forward to a great weekend with family and friends watching football while eating great food.