Slim Into The New You at AU

Isaiah Grice, Staff Writer

During these difficult times you might find it hard to stay active. Having spent months in quarantine, you might need a safe place to let out some of that pent up energy. If you are looking to just stay active or trying to reach a weight loss goal, Averett’s new plan could be the perfect match for you.

The university is offering a workout plan designed by Phillip Mitchell, a member of the Averett Student Engagement Team. Mitchell, who is in his second year at Averett, says the main excuse he hears is that the person does not have time.

“When I was in college I had two jobs, class, and kids. If you really want it bad enough, you will figure it out and find time,” Mitchell said. 

This group has a bi-weekly meeting between 1pm to 4pm on Tuesdays in Carrington Gym. In this program you can choose between different options of workout programs. It can be the most basic plan from just workout routines and bi-weekly weigh-ins, to meal/calorie tracker, meal plan menu, workout routines, weekly reflection and goals.

“It’s all about routines, if they aren’t getting enough sleep, or overeating, or things like that to help them find an avenue to either lose weight or get gains”, stated Mitchell.

Mitchell has also partnered with the Bon Appetit staff in the cafe to help with meal plans and dieting. 

This program is a great way to get involved on campus and to change your fitness habits. Anybody who is interested can contact Mitchell via email @[email protected]

Phillip Mitchell